Friday 15 June 2012

Ooorks innnn Spaaaace.

Who ever first thought about sticking Orcs or should I say Orks in space was a genius, not sure if Rogue Trader was the first some how I doubt it but who knows. Here are my RT orks, old, bad  paints but finding them in the cellar made me decide to snap them as they were with no improvements.

These are the first run of RT Orks before they got all fixated with Clans. Not that I have a problem with the clans and the plastic arm orcs of later RT, I have a bunch of them too. But I do love this incarnation, they are so piratical and brutal.

I think I painted these about the time the Iraq war started, the second one, I had some notion in my head about doing them as some sort of desert force form that.





More points for the first person to notice the 90's WD item in the shots.







































I also have a load left to paint but maybe I'll update the others some time too.

6 comments:

  1. They were great those RT orcs, I had loads now sadly departed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only assume you are talking about the spikey "cactus thingy" That looks familiar to me from an old WD.

    Excellent Orks...I would love to collect up a bunch of these too....but have WWAAAYYY to many projects on the table already!

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - I'll go cactus thing as well. Also, what Blue said - would love to get some RT stuff, but I just don't know how I'll explain it to the wife...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Have I mentioned how much I love Classic Orcs? Space or otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Dreads and certainly remember the polystyrene and toothpick cacti!

    Also the Space Ork Raiders boxed set is one I always wished I had...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bunch of them in progress but got distracted by... lots of other stuff.
    I'm sure I'll get back to them when our next Rogue Trader came draws near.

    ReplyDelete